Converting DVDs with EasyBD

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
magnu

Converting DVDs with EasyBD

Post by magnu »

Hi there

I've been using the trial version of EasyBD, with the sole plan to convert as many DVDs as I can to BD-R (as in multiple DVDs on each disc). I did one DVD as a trial, but for some reason the chapters don't work?
Also, I cannot find any reference in the help manual, to explain how to put multiple DVDs onto a BD-R, as well as to create a top menu for the finished product?

Hope someone can assist me?

William

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Re: Converting DVDs with EasyBD

Post by Valery Koval »

Hi,

yes, EasyBD Pro has built-in function "Import DVD", but you will always receive only one Blu-ray from one DVD. Sorry, but EasyBD Pro can't create one Blu-ray from several DVDs. Regarding chapters, all is individual and according to particular opened DVD. Since EasyBD Pro creates project file from DVD, you need re-check all data, fields and connection to be sure in appropriate work of destination BD. We done a big work converting DVD menu and subtitles to blu-ray format such as Interactive Menu (*.ies) and Subtitles (*.pes/*_BDN.xml). We also convert and keep all links between DVD elements and Blu-ray. All next work user should do manually in EasyBD using project created from DVD.

Best regards,
Valery Koval.

magnu

Post by magnu »

I guess if I want to do more than one DVD then, would be to use software (such as DVD Remake) to merge a number of DVDs together then? It's a bit disappointing that EasyBD can only convert one DVD, but I suppose it is useful if you have higher quality video of the original material, & you want to use it without the need to recreate the menus.

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

Not sure, if DVD Remake can help... Yes, DVD2BD option is useful if user has higher quality video, so he can manually replace Video assets and multiplex all to blu-ray.