Blu-Disc Studio: cannot open MES-file

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
ciccio

Blu-Disc Studio: cannot open MES-file

Post by ciccio »

Hi,

my first problem with Blu-Disc Studio: I just tried to compile a BD with a single movie (video stream=a.264, audiostream=a.ac3), no menu.

When I compile I get:

warning: EndAction not specified in movie "Movie"
Adding video asset for Movie
> Cannot open MES-file
ERROR: error adding video asset E:\a.264

I use BDS MX 1.1, build 62.

Can you help me?

TIA

Alexey Kolesnikov

Re: Blu-Disc Studio: cannot open MES-file

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

Hi!

This message appears when the mes-file cannot be found. Mes-file is created by built-in Muxer.

Did you put the both key-files to the application folder?

When you click Compile did the Muxer window appears on the screen, until this error message?

E:\a.264 conforms to the Blu-Ray specifications? Can you send it to us?
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

ciccio

Post by ciccio »

Hi Alex,

Keyfiles are in application folder (I tried with some other .264 file with no error).

When I click Compile (with a.264 video stream) Muxer window doesn't appears.

I suspect it's a demux problem (my original file it's a .ts file): later I will try with some other demux program and I will post my results.

Thanks

ciccio

Post by ciccio »

As suspected MES Error was originated from demux problem: if I demux with tsmuxer (from .ts file, 1080i 25fps, to elementary streams, .264 and .ac3) I get MES error (on video stream) but if I use other programs (I used VideoRedo v4) BDS works (or better works but loss of synch between video and audio on final generated disc, I will open another thread for this).

It's very strange for me: it's normal to get this problem from demuxed stream from tsmuxer?

Thanks in advance

Alexey Kolesnikov

Something similar happened with some files. You can try to fix this 264-stream by this tool (File -> Open -> select *.264-file -> Correct), check both versions.

If this doesn't help, then could you, please, send this ts-file to us?
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

ciccio

Post by ciccio »

Thanks Alex,

I made some others tests.

My ts file it's HDTV file recorded from satellite (I know this it's not strictly Blu-Ray compliant, some h264 parameters like level, gop and so on are not compliant), 1080i H264 , 25fps, MBAFF and is 58 minutes and 7 seconds duration.

1) If I demux this with tsmuxer (version 1.10.6) I get .264 with MES error in BDS.

2) If I demux with tsmuxer version 2 (I used 2.3.2b) I get .264 file without MES error but with audio-video not in synch (with duration of .m2ts file is 58minutes and 24 seconds)

3) If I demux with VideoRedo I get .264 file without MES error but with audio-video not in synch (duration of .m2ts file is 58minutes and 24 seconds).

If I use AVCCorrector (both version) with file from 2 and 3, I get corrected .264 file without MES error but with audio-video not in synch(with duration of .m2ts file is 58minutes and 24 seconds).

If I use AVCCorrector (both version) with file from 1, I get no corrected file.

Finally if I reencode ts file with x264 (and with bluray_compat=1 switch, level=4.1, 4 ref frames and so on, as indicated on http://www.x264bluray.com) I get no MES error in BDS and audio-video in synch (duration of .m2ts file is 58minutes and 7 seconds).

I can't send entire file (it's too big) but I can send a little extract to test, i.e. 1 minute only: it's ok to attach it to this forum?

Thanks in advance

Alexey Kolesnikov

The problem is that the file should be large enough to see the dissynchronization.
If there will be a problem with file attachment, then you can use any file transfer service (like sendspace and so on).
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov