Blu-Disc Studio: menu with image background only and audio

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
ciccio

Blu-Disc Studio: menu with image background only and audio

Post by ciccio »

Hi,

I am learning Blu-Disc Studio (also from examples) and as first project I would like to create a simple menu with audio (for example 60sec audio clip) but not video, with only a background image.

I must to create a "fake" video track (with same length of audio track) from image or I miss something?

Thanks in advance

Alexey Kolesnikov

Re: Blu-Disc Studio: menu with image background only and aud

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

ciccio wrote:I must to create a "fake" video track (with same length of audio track) from image or I miss something?
Yes, you need to create a video track with this image. Still images is not supported yet by Blu-Disc Studio, but it will be added later.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

ciccio

Post by ciccio »

CDK wrote:
ciccio wrote:I must to create a "fake" video track (with same length of audio track) from image or I miss something?
Yes, you need to create a video track with this image. Still images is not supported yet by Blu-Disc Studio, but it will be added later.
Ok thanks.

ciccio

Post by ciccio »

I am trying to create a video from a still image: I used ffmpeg with following command line:

ffmpeg -loop 1 -r 23.976 -i background.jpg -t 00:01:36 -vcodec libx264 -s 1920x1080 -aspect 16:9 -x264opts bluray-compat=1 -an background.mkv

Ffmpeg works but BDS give MES error (see my other message) after demuxing .mkv (with tsmuxer) to create .264 elementary stream.

It's possible to know (for example from some log file) what is ES video stream parameters that BD Muxer doesn't accept?

Thanks in advance

Alexey Kolesnikov

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

It seems that this command line does not create a file compatible with Blu-ray. We recommend to use the x264 to encode Blu-Ray, in particular any of its frontends, such as MeGUI.

We are now working to output a more accurate error message.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov