Blu-Disc Studio v1.0 released!

Blu-ray and UHD Authoring
Valery Koval
Site Admin

Blu-Disc Studio v1.0 released!

Post by Valery Koval »

Our technology partner Disc Art Authoring released Blu-Disc Studio version 1.0!

Blu-Disc Studio is designed for an easy and quick authoring of Blu-ray discs with BD-J interactive menu. Using Blu-Disc Studio you can create complete discs for personal usage or export data for Rovi (Sonic Solutions) Scenarist® BD.

There are 2 Blu-Disc Studio versions: standard and MX with built-in DVDLogic BD Muxer.

Based on original technology, Blu-Disc Studio allows create full valuable BD with Java based menu very transparently for user. Enhanced but powerfull user interface, that does not requires any special knowledge of BD specification, and built-in DVDLogic BD Muxer makes Blu-Disc Studio affordable for home and amateur users. Professionals users and studios will be pleasantly surprised with Rovi Scenarist BD project files created by the program.

Features:
- Create main and popup menus
- Make animated menus
- Customize transitions between movies (clips)
- Highlight current audio track, subtitles or episode
- Automatic scenes menu creation
- Seamless menu
- Build Blu-ray disc with internal muxer by DVDLogic Software
- Export to Rovi (Sonic Solutions) Scenarist® BD

MX Demo version you can download here:
http://blu-disc.net/download/BDS_MX_Setup_1.0.exe

How to start with Blu-Disc Studio:

1. Run Blu-Disc Studio - it shows you Hardware ID.
2. Send the Hardware ID to the bludiscstudio@dvd-logic.com.
3. We'll send you trial key.
4. Copy the key-file in the Blu-Disc Studio installation folder.

Official website:
http://www.bludiscstudio.com

Best regards,
Valery Koval.

Jochim

Re: Blu-Disc Studio v1.0 released!

Post by Jochim »

Hi Valery,
I downloaded trial Version, and tested it with a BD-Project with Video in 702p50. I have run into a serious Problem, i.e., I cannot use the graphic Image designer included in the Software. It assumes a 1920x1080 Format. Consequently I cannot adjust the Buttons to the background Image.

Another issue was encountered, when I started compilation and pressed the "Abort" button shon during run of compilation. This caused the sotware to freeze. I needed to kill it with Windows Task Manager.

Regards,
Joachim

Alexey Kolesnikov

Post by Alexey Kolesnikov »

Hi, Joachim.
tested it with a BD-Project with Video in 702p50. I have run into a serious Problem, i.e., I cannot use the graphic Image designer included in the Software. It assumes a 1920x1080 Format. Consequently I cannot adjust the Buttons to the background Image.
What kind of problem with the resolution of 720x576 you have?
You can click dropdown button near the "Designer background" and select "Grid". After that, you will see a grid on which you can align the images. You must use the top-left corner of the designer for all resolutions less than 1920*1080 (you will see it in a grid).
In the next version we will add support 720*576 to the project properties and layout to the grid.
Another issue was encountered, when I started compilation and pressed the "Abort" button shon during run of compilation. This caused the sotware to freeze. I needed to kill it with Windows Task Manager.
Yes, we know about this problem - we're working on it. It will be fixed in the next release.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

Alexey Kolesnikov

Sorry for my inattention - you mean the resolution of 1280*720 50p?

Do you set the graphical mode in the Project -> Project properties to 1280x720? This is necessary for correct playback of a menu on a BD-player.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

Jochim

Post by Jochim »

Hallo Valery,

The Project Setting is 1280x720.

The Problem is, that Import of backgrund Image from the menu (size 1280x720) into the Designer Background scales the imported background to full range (1920x1080). If I now adjust my button positions according to the Background Image, they are totally out of position in the compiled menue. I can see this, if I Switch to the grid presentation in Designer. This Shows the 1280x720 border lines and my Buttons are at wrong positions here.

Joachim

Alexey Kolesnikov

Ok, I understood your problem.
The "Background Image" is designed to be able to see how menu appears above the background video. It is not exported to the project. This is only a preview. We will consider in the next version, that it is suitable for alignment position of a buttons.

Until this is not implemented, you can increase the size of the background Image, that you use, to 1920*1080 in any image editor, adding, for example, a white fill at the right and below, so that the original image will be in the top-left corner.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

Jochim

Post by Jochim »

Further question:
Is it possible to create Play lists with BluDisc Studio?

Joachim

Alexey Kolesnikov

Jochim wrote:Is it possible to create Play lists with BluDisc Studio?
No. This application works on a higher level of abstraction.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov

Valery Koval
Site Admin

Post by Valery Koval »

BD Author works on very low level according to BD specification, EasyBD has middle level. So you can choose what is more suitable for your needs.

Val.

Alexey Kolesnikov

Version 1.0.0.38 released:
* BDS_MX_Setup_1.0.0.38.exe
* BDS_Setup_1.0.0.38.exe

Changes since 1.0:
* Animation for Selected state.
* Autoclose popup feature and animation for it.
* Clone all menus from menu into popup and vice versa.
* Draw method for menu (defines the order of button states on the screen).
* Action matrix (the window, where you can copy and paste actions, animations and highlights).
* Multi-Action for the End-Action.
* LPE (Large projects edition) version of application - designed to work with large projects.
* 3D is added to the Multi-action
* Switch now supports conditions on a chapter, audio and subtitles with the movie / group.
* 3D-projects support is completed.
* Ability to move playmarks and checkbox "Create animation group" into the scenes creation.
* Added "Auto-init higlight value" option.
* Other changes, improvements and bugfixes.
Best regards,
Alexey Kolesnikov